Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tie One On!

I love aprons! I'm not sure when it started or exactly why but I do know why I love them.

I have an apron for all my needs and my families also. I have a clothes pin apron, a half apron (great for going over a big baby belly), a full apron, a basic black for hubby and several for my oldest daughter. I don't have one for the baby yet but I'm still not sure how that would work since she is only three months!



It's a toss up for which one is my favorite apron. As you can see in the two photos I made my daughter and I matching aprons. She loves to wear hers and it makes me proud to think that she wants to be a hard working farm girl. My other favorite apron is hanging in the background of my daughter's photo. I made it using the same style as my grandmother's apron but with a strawberry print fabric because I LOVE my fond memories of her strawberry patch and her yummy homemade strawberry jam.

I might be addicted to aprons but they are sooo useful and beautiful. I can not image how dirty my clothes would get if I did not wear one or how much harder a job like hanging clothes could be. My addiction has meant that I also collect vintage aprons. I love to look at them and think of the other hard working women who once wore that apron or the women who lovingly stitched it into a piece of working art.

To meet other apron loving farmgirls check out Mary Janes Farm website and forums. She has an excellent magazine called "Artists in Aprons". If you love aprons you have to get the magazine.

3 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

hi Emily. so glad to put a face with the name finally. love seeing your apron and your little baker:0)
thanks for joining in the fun!
Tina

Linda said...

I love your canning. Where they apples & pears?

www.homesteadblogger.com/ourlittehouseintown

Auntie Em said...

I was canning apples. It was apple pie filling and apple sauce that day. We put up about 20 cans of filling and 40+ quarts of apple sauce. Can you believe that we only have one can of filling left and 2 jars of apple sauce left?!?
Everyone loved it and we love to share it. You know... the farmgirl giving thing? ;)