Sunday, April 20, 2008

In the Kitchen

I have to fully admit that my "weak point" as a farmgirl is in the kitchen. BUT I do have a thing for canning. I guess it goes back to my frugal farm girl roots. Nothing goes to waste. What you can not eat fresh should be saved for a rainy day (ie. the winter or off season). This past year I have learned a lot about canning. On of the best resources I found for canning online I actually stumbed upon while looking up u-pick locations. The website is called Pick Your Own. I have followed their easy to use canning, freezing and pie recipes and they have all worked great! Who knew I'd find one more reason to wear my aprons?

For more kitchen fun check out the kitchen section of Mary Jane Farm's forums or for some of MJ's yummy foods check out her online store. I can say that everything I've tried from her store is yummy!

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

hey there..I can't wait to start canning a few things this year. our pear tree is full right now and I know we'll have a good harvest come fall. I usually make a type of pear preserve that is similar to cracker barrels fried apples. real yummy tasting.Anyhow..I am hoping for a good tomato crop too this year to make homemade spaghetti sauce with.
thanks for the link will check it out.