Monday, April 28, 2008

In the garden

Spring is here! I've been longing for the beginning of spring since the beginning of March. I guess that is what happens after you live in the Southwest for a few years. Now that we are up north again spring never seems to come fast enough. Just the thought of planting my garden and working in the yard makes me happy.



Yesterday was our frost free date and I'm glad I did not try to rush it this year since we did have a hard freeze two nights before. So far I have planted my pea and carrot seeds along with starter potatoes and onion sets. One of the many things I love about my garden is the asparagus patch. How I love the taste of asparagus! It has started to grow and I'm longing for the first of many dinners with asparagus this spring.

Along with my many daffidils and tulips, I have a varity of native woodland flowers in our ravine that are blooming. Here is a photo of one of them.



For more farmgirl gardening info and tips join me over at Mary Janes Farm forums.

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

lovely flowers!
gosh..you have reminded me..I'd love to put in an asparagus patch.
thanks for having joined in the blog a thon fun.
Tina