Friday, January 04, 2008

Some of My Work

Here are some of my more recent projects. Some of them where gifts, trades, or sold. Others are on my Etsy site waiting for a home. If you see something on my blog you like but it's not on Etsy site please feel contact me about the item.

Both of these blankets where done as gifts. The first one was a gift for a 1 yr old and the second one was a baby shower gift. Both were made out of fleece with the child's name embroidered on one side of the blanket. I also did another one that is girlie for a customer. Since I know she has not given it to the recipient I'll wait to post it, just in case...



My lovely model has a pair of babylegs/ arm warmers on her arms that I sewed for her and her baby sister. These are great for keeping little ones warm who insist on wearing their favorite short sleeve shirts or skirts all year long.


These brooches are so fun to wear! I wear them on about everything and I've had similar feedback from others who have bought them. Some of these are still available in my store so feel free to check them out!



There is nothing more beautiful then elegant stockings hung by the fireplace for Christmas. These two are just one of the many sets that I have made. It started with making them for my own family one year. They turned out so great that I ended up making them for Christmas gifts for a few people. They liked them so much they asked if they could buy them for others and it just snowballed from there!

This was a special bag for a special lady. This was a gift for a young lady going through treatment for breast cancer. With all of the meds and things she had to carry around with her she found herself using two bags and never being able to find anything. I made this bag with lots of pockets and in bright bold colors for this cheerful young mom.

Like most pet owners I love my dogs (and the outside cat too). I don't love giving them baths and drying them off when they come inside on a rainy day. Normal towels are okay but they are not always the most absorbent. I was able to find grooming chamoises that were very absorbent. After trying them out I really did like them, but they are very plain which is not me. :) I decided to try embroidering on them. It turned out great! I like them so much I've been making them for others as well for gifts and for sale. Here are a few of my more recent custom orders.

No comments: